This recipe is so simple, All you need is a few basic ingredients you can find in any supermarket. It cooks a treat, looks and smells wonderful, and your man will just think you are the cleverest thing ever! Admittedly, pasta and runny creamy cheese isn’t the healthiest thing in the world but it’s so delicious and comforting once in a while
INGREDIENTS – SERVE 2
• 180g dried linguine pasta
• Olive oil
• Small knob of butter
• 300g chicken breast, sliced to bite site
• 125g smoked hickory bacon, sliced
• 1 heap tablespoon of oregano
• 1 medium brown onion, diced
• 300g small button or cup mushrooms, sliced
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 300 ml thickened cream
• 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
• A handful of cheddar and Parmesan cheese
• A handful of baby spinach and rocket to serve with your pasta
TO MAKE YOUR PASTA
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain pasta, reserving some cooking water. Set aside.
Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden. Remove and set aside but cover with foil to keep warm.
In the same pan add a table spoon of olive oil and know of butter over medium to high heat then add bacon and oregano to frying pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Add onion and garlic, when onions begin to soften (about 5-7 minutes) add mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are golden. Add cream and Worcestershire sauce. Then add the cheeses and stir until cheeses are melted and combined.
Add chicken to bacon and mushroom mixture then add cooked pasta and parsley. Toss to combine. Season with cracked black pepper.
TO SERVE YOUR PASTA
Place a handful of baby spinach and rocket on serving place scoop over your lovely pasta in the rich creamy chicken mushroom sauce over it, sprinkle a little more parmesan cheese and black pepper…yummy..xoxo