My husband have been feeling a little under the weather this weekend and I think he need some loving inside and out! and since he is not fond of eating a lot of vegetables at once I have to find a way to hide it. ‘Big THANK YOU’ to the Hemsley sisters, they have inspired me with this recipe and final verdict is “he love it”
INGREDIENTS – makes 12 muffins
- 9 eggs, preferred free range
- 3 slices shortcut bacon, diced to small cubes
- 1 small carrot roughly grated, keep skin on
- 1 small zucchini roughly grated
- 1/2 red pepper or capsicum finely diced
- 1 leek or red onion slice thinly
- 2 large garlic clove, finely diced
- 2 chillies finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano finely chopped
- a handful of chopped fresh parsley
- a large handful of grated hard cheese, such as cheddara large handful of grated hard cheese, such as cheddar
TO MAKE YOUR MUFFINS
Preheat the oven to 190ºC / 375°F. Grease a muffin tray well with a little butter or use muffin cases or baking paper.
Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add 2 big pinch of salt and a big pinch of pepper, all the grated and chopped vegetables, garlic, chillies, oregano, bacon and cheese.You are looking for a ratio of around 50 percent egg to 50 percent ingredients.
Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tray, bake for 15 minutes.
To check if the muffins are done, give the muffin tray a wobble – the frittatas should be just set in the middle. You can always put them back in the oven for another 1–2 minutes if you think they need cooking any longer.
TO SERVE YOUR MUFFINS
Remove the frittatas from the tray and leave to cool on a wire rack. Wrap them up in baking or baking paper or pop them in your lunch box for a great snack on the go.