This is perfect for work lunches, to complete this recipe simply add hot water to the jar when you ready to eat. Perfect, easy and yummy!
Growing my mum would always save pasta jar for extra container and this had rubbed of on me. So for this recipe I am using a clean pasta jar which I have found to be perfect size for my lunch and it is also heatproof.
I am also using a left over Sunday roast chicken, you can also use pork, beef or firm tofu or fried tofu.
• 1 small handful coriander leaves and a few fresh mint leaves
• 1 small, fresh red chilli (finely sliced), or a pinch chili flakes
• 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
• 3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
• 1 tablespoon tamari or light soysauce
• ¾ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
• 1 handful cooked shredded chicken
• 1 handful spinach leaves or shredded red cabbage or both
• 1-2 mushrooms, finely sliced
• 1 small handful of cooked soba noodle or courgette (zucchini), roughly grated or spiralled into courgetti (or any other vegetable noodles)
• half a teaspoon virgin coconut oil
• small slice of lemon or lime
• a clean heatproof jar
TO MAKE YOUR NOODLE IN A JAR
Add ginger, garlic, chilli, sesame oil and tamari/soy sauce to the jar.
Add shredded chicken on top of these, along with spinach or cabbage and coriander. Follow these with the soba noodles or vegetable noodles.
Finally, add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and lime/lemon wedge and put the lid on. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
When ready to eat, boil some water and remove the lime/lemon wedge from the jar.
Let the boiled water sit for a minute or two before adding it to the jar, leaving a half-inch gap at the top.
Stir, cover and let sit for a few minutes.
Remove the lid, stir again, squeeze in the lime/lemon juice and enjoy.